Daily shipments have become standard for numerous residents thanks to the rise of online shopping. You appreciate the benefit of having goods dropped in front of your door, but there is a downside. Those boxes sitting in the open are temptations to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a significant problem, but you are able to do something about it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These surveillance instruments are effective tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they provide significantly more.
Take a moment to learn more about how they work and why they’ll likely become an integral part of your smart home.
Advantages of a Shreveport video doorbell
Manufactured in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of innovative features, and the technology continues to progress. You are now able to implement detection zones, talk to people on your porch, and obtain real-time alerts whenever an item is dropped off.
The best way to understand how a Shreveport video doorbell camera works is to explore the various perks it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You can’t find this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that are proactive in dissuading theft with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know somebody is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You need to see the complete picture, and that includes the faces of visitors at your entry and boxes on the ground. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a total perspective.
- High-resolution images at any hour: If you don’t have pictures and video you can see clearly, what’s the purpose of installing a doorbell camera? Leading models will provide amazing high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You are able to receive automatic notifications from video doorbells capable of differentiating between visitors and boxes.
- Speak with whoever’s at your door: Is someone standing at your door? Reciprocal audio gives you the chance to find out why they’re there. You could even use this beneficial feature to scare off people lurking around your walkway.
- Prevent false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the area to be viewed will help you minimize false alarms caused by pedestrians or pets.
- Instant access to footage: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home gives you the option to view current and archived video straight from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you may access them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when something or someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s happening, and even allow you to communicate with whoever’s at your door. They’ve turned into game-changers in terms of safety and convenience.