How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Shreveport smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in total charge of your Shreveport home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it can benefit you and find suggestions to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Shreveport do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements through radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You may arm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When adding a doorbell camera, you may even chat with someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a battery backup for added reliability. It also gives you total remote access and control through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the functions you can carry out:
- Review live or recorded video streams from your linked cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Shreveport by programming schedules or establishing preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a certain time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock if the fire alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just adhere to these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will still be present in the home and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and all sensors in your home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is swipe down on the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll observe a message if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For instance, an open door will cue you to act. Note that you are still able to arm the system by adhering to the steps above. You will then have to verify that you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Shreveport
Despite the fact that many users can be programmed when you first get your system, you may want to add or remove a user in the future. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote capability, tap phone or email and submit the details to dispatch an invite.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, just go to the menu, touch users, select the user you want to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Shreveport home security system. Dial (318) 612-1329 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.